Madeline Cardinale :))

Hiya!  My name is Madeline, and I'm a junior Software Engineering major with a minor in  Computer Science.  When I'm not writing code, I can be found... in a ridiculous number of activities at Ship.  Most relevantly, I am a co-chair of the Honors Commuter Committee.  In fact, this committee was my and Dr. Klein's brainchild, as we saw a need for two things within the Honors community: 1) resources to help out our Honors commuters, and 2) a bridge between commuters' knowledge of the local area and resident students' desire for cool places to explore.  Our immediate goals are ever-changing in response to the pandemic's effects on aforementioned places to explore, but this blog will hopefully be a cornerstone of our mission.

In addition to my Honors commuter identity, I am also a co-chair on the Honors Recruitment Committee, a student assistant in the Honors office, the President of Video Game Development Club, and the Vice President of Catholic Campus Ministries.  Outside of Ship, I am a Patient Ambassador at the Chambersburg Hospital and the sole owner/investor/manager/seamstress of Mad's Masks, a nonprofit mask-making venture.  I also love music (I play guitar, banjo, and ukulele) and have a blog called manicures&must-reads, where I paint nail designs based on book covers (yup, ya girl is a nerd).  :)

Honestly to be honest, I love being a commuter for many reasons.  From spending time with my family (ft. my doggo, Nigel) to knowing the best restaurants and local hangouts to bring friends to, I really can't complain (except about finding parking spots, but who doesn't?).  To sum up this sleep-deprivation-fueled biography, if you ever want to chat about <Chambersburg, ice hockey, nail polish, books & movies, music, worldviews, the Honors College, commuting, the meaning of life, dogs> I am always up for a good chat.  <3

Comments